Saturday, April 14, 2012

Progress Report

This week I have been writing the cover copy for a book I have been working on for the past two years and it is a great feeling to be so close to the end of the process. It's a history book that required an enormous amount of research, and a book where I was responsible for both text and visuals. No small task! I have loved working on it, but it is thrilling that my work is almost done, and I will be free to think about new projects.

In the meantime, the house directly beside my home office was demolished yesterday. I listened to twelve hours of bulldozer sounds and crashing noises. I have to admit some trepidation about my ability to come up with new project ideas in the midst of months of construction work. I may have to find temporary office space at a cubicle in my local library. Or take up a new occupation. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

No comments: