Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy To Be in the Top Ten!

A recent article, The Ten Happiest Jobs, by Steve Denning reports the findings that authors rank fourth highest in a survey of who is happiest with their jobs. In the listing for fourth place, it says, "For most authors, the pay is ridiculously low or non-existent, but the autonomy of writing down the contents of your own mind apparently leads to happiness."

I have to concur that I am very happy with my job! (In spite of the ridiculously low pay, with which I also concur.)

Who rates happier than authors? Clergy, firefighters and physical therapists. All very good people in my books.

If you'd like to read the full text of the article, go here. (Meanwhile, I will go back to writing down the contents of my brain.)

Cheers!

No comments: