Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Hiatus

It's a year since I started blogging, and it's been an interesting one. I've learned a lot about the online world. I have yet to start a twitter presence, and am contemplating whether or not I'd be brave enough to post tiny missives from wherever I am.

Yesterday marked the end of my talks for this school year. A big thank you to Jacqueline Gaudet at Ecole South Park and to Patricia Bartha at Sir William Osler Elementary for inviting me to speak at their respective schools this week. It was wonderful to meet you and your charming students.

And, now, with my speaking schedule wrapped up, I must turn my strict attention to the first draft of a book that has a July 31 deadline. Over the next 7 weeks, I will be hard at work. No swimming, no sunning, no lazy, hazy days of summer. I'll be at my computer. 

On that note, I will also be taking a blogging hiatus. I realize that I'll likely need to direct all my writing energy to my book.

Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to read my blog over the past year. It's been a real treat to get your comments. 

Have a wonderful summer! Cheers!

No comments: