Thursday, June 4, 2009

Michelle Obama and Me...

I was out watering my garden this morning and admiring the leafy green vegies that are poking up from the soil, and thinking about ways in which Michelle Obama and I are similar. In case you're interested, here are my conclusions:

- We both dug new gardens this spring, and are clearly interested in sustainable, local food sources. (I didn't have quite as many photographers documenting my ground-breaking, however.)

- She lives in the White House and I have a bit of white trim on my house.

- We both have 2 daughters (though mine are a bit older and I also have a son).

- We think that feeding our kids delicious home-grown food is a worthy endeavour. (Who can argue with that?)

- We both have husbands who aren't shy speaking in front of a crowd. (My husband's crowds might be a touch smaller and we're still waiting for his inauguration.)

I think the similarities end there, but I will continue to muse about the First Lady as I watch my garden grow over the summer, and be impressed by her example. 

I wonder if she'll be whipping up a spinach salad with greens from her garden tonight?

Bon appetit, Michelle!

No comments: