Thursday, April 23, 2009

Okanagan Highlights

I'm finished all but a day of my Okanagan library tour, and I'm pleased to say that it's been a grand time. I have loved meeting all the dedicated librarians, and the wonderful students and teachers who have been coming to my talks. Thanks to everyone for being so hospitable!

Although the mercury dips down to freezing at night, the days are sunfilled and warm. I've seen some old friends and had dinner with my cousin, Ben, all of which made the trip even more fun.

I do two talks tomorrow, then fly home. I feel incredibly fortunate to have had the opportunity to speak in the libraries here. A great big thank you to the Okanagan Regional Library system, Linda Youmans, and the Writers in Libraries grant for making this trip possible. I hope I can return some day.

Thank you, everyone!

No comments: