Thursday, February 5, 2009

Phoenix Reading Conference


Winter weather getting you down? Consider flying to sunny Phoenix, Arizona for the International Reading Association conference, Feb. 21-25. I'll be there with local authors, Linda Bailey and Margriet Ruurs. We're part of a team presenting a day-long symposium titled: 

Spinning Multiple Genres Into Classroom Gold: Writers of fiction, poetry and nonfiction share their expertise, while the 2007 Teacher of the Year weaves their books together with practical classroom writing activities. (See our listing here, under Institute 8.)

I am busily preparing my presentation these days, and getting very familiar with Keynote (the Mac version of PowerPoint). It seems that nothing I ever do is quick. Sigh. But I'm learning a lot, and enjoying the creative part of structuring a presentation with multiple images.

Besides that, I'm bathing suit shopping. No easy task, either. :-)

Sunny weather, here I come!

No comments: