Saturday, November 29, 2008

Deep in Thought...

Lest you think I've been idle since my last post, I'll let you know that I've been busy writing, and mulling over ideas for three new books. Sorry for the long absence.

I finished the profile piece on Vivien Bowers for the CANSCAIP NEWS, and I was surprised by how long it took. I'm not accustomed to writing long articles, and was pleased to find out I could do it. I had three hours of interview tape that I transcribed and listened to a couple of times. Then it was a matter of figuring out what I wanted to say about Vivien and how to shape the story. I spent a week in solid writing and revising, but it's done, and the editor told me she loved it. That's a relief!

Now it's back to books, and I'm also pleased to report the ideas are coming fast and furious. I will begin to research each book idea and try to decide which one to tackle first. 

I've also been reading a lot, and as I mentioned before, will post some comments about some wonderful books I've recently finished. 

Finally, I've got some new Shanghai photos (taken by our friend who accompanied us on the trip) that I will post in the next day or so.

It's been a busy time. Back soon!

No comments: